10 Design Concepts for Luxury House Plans
Luxury takes many forms, from spacious rooms to sophisticated fixtures and finishes. Whatever luxury means to you, a custom house plan can incorporate your favorite features into a modern home that perfectly fits your family, yet maintains its appeal to potential buyers down the road.
1) Oversized restroom fixtures for luxury house plans. Spa-like bathtubs and showers with room to move become the centerpiece of your bathroom. Create a relaxing setting perfect for unwinding at the end of the day. Pair them with high-end shelving or end tables for a convenient place to stash towels, bath products, and candles.
2)A luxury house plan with walk-in closets.This feature never gets old and for good reason. Any homeowner can use the extra space that a walk-in provides, and the opportunity to literally walk among the yards of shelving and hanging space is a hallmark of luxury design. Consider adding a folding counter on one wall or as an island in the middle.
3) A luxury house plan with a spiral staircase. These classic stairways make a visual impact and carry the added benefit of taking up less floor space than a traditional staircase. Your designer can show you a wide variety of designs and materials to ensure your spiral staircase blends seamlessly with the rest of the room.
4) Gourmet kitchens. A luxury house design is not complete without a spacious kitchen accompanied by plenty of seating. Counters with plenty of space plus a kitchen island or butcher block table ensure you'll have plenty of food preparation space. For materials, consider a cheery tile backsplash and sleek appliances. A built-in refrigerator is a popular choice for luxury kitchens.
5) Multiple master suites. Why not give everyone in the household a restful retreat? Extra master bedrooms with attached bathrooms ensure everyone has a private space to escape to.
6) Outdoor entertaining spaces.No longer restricted to just decks or patios, luxury designs increasingly devote more attention to outdoor recreation. The deck or patio can grow to accommodate an outdoor kitchen. Swimming pools or hot tubs make the perfect centerpiece for summertime entertaining. Add a fire pit for nighttime gatherings.
7) Tall ceilings. Opt for a high, vaulted or cathedral ceiling to give rooms an airy, extra spacious look. Visible wood beams and fun light fixtures add extra visual interest to the ceiling. High ceilings are also a perfect place for a skylight that floods the space with natural light.
8) Sitting rooms. These small gathering spaces need vibrant upholstered furniture with coordinating window treatments and rugs. A coffee table centers the space. Ideally, your sitting room will be on the perimeter of the house so that it can benefit from natural light.
9) Sunrooms or covered porches. The perfect place to sip coffee in the morning, a sunroom is a comfortable oasis drenched in natural light and surrounded by scenic views. Depending on your design, you might opt for a greenhouse-like structure surrounded on most sides by windows or an enclosed porch.
10) Wine cellar. A true oenophile needs a temperature-controlled wine cellar with plenty of racks and fridges for storing valuable bottles. Add a tasting area like you'd find at your favorite winery or expand it into a home bar that accommodates beer and mixed drinks in addition to wine. What does the word "luxury" evoke for you? Discuss your dream home with your design firm and plan the house you deserve.